[thelist] Looking for Win2k Pro Email Server

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri May 4 13:09:15 CDT 2001

At 09:16 AM 5/4/2001, you wrote:

>I don't have IIS5 installed on my computer, without this there is not SMTP
>server. I am running Apache as my web server and don't really want to
>install IIS5. Plus, as far as I understand, the SMTP server that comes with
>IIS5 is not a full email server but a virtual one.

You can only install the SMTP service, and not have IIS. Remember though
that you'll have to write directly to port 25 or to the message queue. Make
sure your PCs IP has relay rights.

---
Anthony Baratta
President