[thelist] Best Practice? (from DB --> Presentation)

Ron Thigpen rthigpen at nc.rr.com
Fri May 4 14:46:25 CDT 2001

Harpoon was the beta code name for the Flash/Generator based graphing & nav
components that will appear in CF5.  Best way to think of this is as a
customizable pre-packaged set of components that can be populated with data from
the CF server through new CF tags.  The folks at www.figleaf.com did the actual
development on these.   Not exactly sure what's under the covers, but you can
bet that there's some (possibly reduced functionality) Generator activity going
on in there.

BTW, if you've got a valid license for CF, you should sign up for their beta
program <beta.allaire.com>.  You get to see early examples of this sort of
thing, test beta versions and comment on functionality.  Yes, they do listen to
the customers, and will incorporate features and fixes if possible.

--rt

Bruce Heerssen wrote:

I think MM plans to release something code-named 'Harpoon' that does what
generator does and more. I missed out on the beta program so I can't say much,
but I think it's geared specifically for coldfusion. It's supposed to be, like,
*really cool* - I can't wait :)