[thelist] An sql problem

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri May 4 19:07:26 CDT 2001

What about this to select the previous

SELECT id
FROM table
WHERE ref < [thisone.ref]
ORDER BY ref DESC

where [thisone.ref] is the ref of the one you are currently viewing. Then
make sure that the query is set up to retreive only one row.

Then use this for the next:

SELECT id
FROM table
WHERE ref > [thisone.ref]
ORDER BY ref ASC

And again, make sure the query is set up to only return one row.

In ColdFusion you'd use the maxrows option. In ASP, PHP, etc, I don't know.

-joshua