[thelist] Why is NS6 DHTML so SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW?!

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Fri May 4 23:18:43 CDT 2001

It does support a new version of javascript, however, doesn't it?
Isn't it the only browser to support v1.3? Not that I can find jack
information about what exactly that means as far as web development
goes.

Netscape 6 won't die, it'll just morph into a whole raft of other
browsers via Mozilla. At least, that's my gut feeling given the open
source nature of mozilla. AOL will probably buy in, perhaps the
openoffice / staroffice engine too, who knows what else, at any rate,
it's not likely to go away any time soon.

But I'm not pretending I don't have my fingers crossed for at least
one good, stable, gecko-based browser.

Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg