[thelist] Web Stats: Analog & Analogx's QuickDNS

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Sat May 5 01:44:24 CDT 2001

I know I used to use a separate app (logresolve I think it was called) to
run the log files through before I ran them through Analog. logresolve did
the dns lookups and wrote them into the log file. Last time I checked I
could only find logresolve for *nix, not Windows... for the Mac OS (classic)
there's something called DNSTran at summary.net

Pete

> Subject: 	[thelist] Web Stats: Analog & Analogx's QuickDNS
>
> I use Analog to run my site stats through. Recently, I came across
> QuickDNS
> from Analogx (http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/qdns.htm),
> which is supposed to speed up the DNS lookup process in parsing the site
> stats. I have a simple question about QuickDNS, but three emails to the
> author have gone unanswered.

For more information about Cygnus Business Media, please visit our
Web site at www.cygnusb2b.com