[thelist] php lib path on evolt

Moniruvwe Orife moni at teamsphere.com
Sun May 6 03:17:34 CDT 2001

I'm a designer dabbling in a little web programming via PHP.  I'm using the
member.evolt.org account/server as my test bed.

I know that files that are referenced in the php include() function need to
be in .:/usr/local/lib/php according to the info in phpinfo(), so what is
the actual path here?

this is how i understand it:
user -> moni
local -> public_html
lib -> dir called lib
php -> another dir called php (where my includes reside)

Anyway, when i created the following dir: public_html/lib/php  the file
wasn't found.

Warning: Failed opening 'file1html' for inclusion (include_path='') in
/home/moni/public_html/testbed/basics.php on line 25
http://members.evolt.org/moni/testbed/basics.php

What directory structure do i need for my includes & what is 'local' is that
public_html?  Additionally, can I change the value of include_path()?

Thanks for the help.

	- moni