[thelist] CSS and tables

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 14:09:29 CDT 2001

>I'm a newbie to hand-coding CSS (I usually just use Dreamweaver or another
>such tool to make my style sheets). Can someone tell me how to set up a
>style for a table which includes padding, spacing, and cell border width
>and color? I can't figure out how to do this but am assuming (perhaps
>foolishly) that it's possible.

Nope, not possible. You can try to set the border by

td {border-width: 2px;
border-style: solid;
border-color: #ffffff;}

but that won't work good enough in Netscape 4.

You can set the CELLSPACING by

table {border-spacing: 10px}

but it only works in Netscape 6, Opera 5 and Konqueror.

Anyway, you get the idea. Stick to good old CELLPADDING, CELLSPACING and
BORDER and you won't have any problems.

ppk