[thelist] CSS and tables

Darrell King darrell at webctr.com
Mon May 7 15:35:43 CDT 2001

Warning: YMMV with these attributes....

to redefine ALL tables:

table {

 padding: 0;
 margin: 0;
 border-width: 1;
 border-color: #000000;
 border-style: solid;
}

...or, to define a class you can then assign to tables at will:

.myTable {

 padding: 0;
 margin: 0;
 border-width: 1;
 border-color: #000000;
 border-style: solid;
}

The first needs no further reference in your pages, but will make all tables identical unless an overriding class is assigned to a given table.

The second can be applied to selected tables by applying the class attribute top the table tag:

<.table class="myTable>

Note: you can also shorthand the border:

border: #000000 solid 1;

Be sure to check your results on all targeted platforms, as implementation of border, margin and padding varies considerably.

On Mon, 7 May 2001 14:47:04 -0400