[thelist] School

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 08:01:49 CDT 2001

--- Sean Preston <razorwise at yahoo.com> wrote:
> <confession>
>
> I was a Lit Major and now I'm a Web Developer.  Communication
> skills are essential and the ability
> to convert complex concepts into easily understood analogies is a
> big asset.  Besides, people
> prefer good conversation to good code at most dinner parties.
> </confession>

So was I!  And your advice is great and I'm finding that my skills in
writing and communicating are 'definitely' useful in this field.
However, this question sparked another question in my mind:  How is
reputation determined for any web or e-commerce-type program?
The reason I ask is that I'm currently at DePaul (in Chicago)
studying e-commerce - www.cs.depaul.edu - and I'm curious as to the
reputation in the 'real' world.  Also, I'm curiouse about other
people's experiences at other schools in similar programs?

<tip>
As I learned in an HCI course last night, don't be afraid of contrast
when designing a web page.  So long as your fonts aren't
'ransom-notish' large headers can be a great thing!
</tip>

=====
Janet Nabring-Stager
http://www10.ewebcity.com/jnabring