[thelist] Disabling the print screen button

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Wed May 9 13:50:07 CDT 2001

In the wee hour of 02:11 PM 5/9/01 -0400, Michael Clark bequeathed such
tales as these:
>Good Afternoon Everyone!
>
>I work in a marketing research company that has recently started doing
>internet surveys.  While this may be exceptionally convenient, it is not
>the most secure.  We often have sensative information that needs to be
>displayed on the screen, but we must make sure that this information
>cannot be downloaded in any way, shpae or form.  We have disabled every
>way to download the information that we can think of except for the print
>screen button, which comes standard on most keyboards.
>
>Does anyone know of any way using ASP, VBScript, JavaScript, HTML, Perl,
>...or really...anything that disables this key?
>
>Thanks,
>mike

Don't bother, there are far too many screen capture programs, web capture
programs etc. that no tool can address all.  What if someone accesses the
site with a tablet PC?
Too many if's.  Just my 2 cents
Peter Kaulback

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison (1847-1931)