[thelist] Internet Explorer 5.5 and Win ME

admataz admataz_lists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 10 03:01:53 CDT 2001

<?>Is there anyway to setup internet exploer 5.0 on win me, instead of the
5.5
that it comes with or, to un-install the ie 5.5 rather, since i should
think u would be able to install 5.0 after that.</?>

Jasen,
I have heard of this product called 98lite, which according to the product
website (http://www.98lite.net/products.html) "gives you the power to
configure your system your way for maximum performance and stability" . you
may want to search these lists  - I recall some discussion a couple of
months ago where some people were having problems with it. I've never used
it myself.

I'm am curious though. Why? If it's for testing, then I think you'll find it
hard to find users who will have WinME with IE5.5 (if that is indeed the
default browser with the installer) so it's a bit pointless - rather go for
a Win98 environment.

 -ad