[thelist] Javascript not working in NS 4.XX

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu May 10 13:26:27 CDT 2001

FayeC wrote:
> Can somebody explain to me why most of the JS examples given in my class
> do not work in NS but work in IE???
> As an example check the page below on both browsers...
> http://delta.humberc.on.ca/Summer2001/Tarzwells/Marie/js/may_10/swaprollover.html
>
> Any help on this is extremely appreciated.

Line 37:

-->

Should be:

//-->

It's being interpreted as a line of code, and it's the end comment.

All in-line scripts (to my mind) should be enclosed by:

<!--

//-->
</script>

And as to why it works in IE? Because IE is lax. Netscape 4.x doesn't
let you get away with lazy stuff like this.

HTH,
	Joe <http://artlung.com/>
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com