[thelist] CSS - background image keeps repeating

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Fri May 11 05:44:47 CDT 2001

Sagar, I tried it and it still tiles... and  I still have to put in "fixed"
after no-repeat 'cause if I don't, the purple background color overlays the
background image. ???????  I see you have background: url (etc.) instead of
background-image: url (etc.) ??????? Could there be something else in the
other CSS commands (for H1, H2, etc.) that could be conflicting? Also, I
thought color: #6600cc belonged right under font-weight: 700 since it
dictates the text color. How important is the sequence of these
instructions? I purposely didn't trim this post so we could all see the
sequence of events. Apologize for any inconvenience.

Here's what I wrote:
BODY

  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif ;
  font-size: medium ;
  font-weight: 700 ;
  background: url(background_purplegradient1.gif) #6600cc ;
  background-repeat: no-repeat fixed ;
  background-position: 0px 0px ;
  color: #6600cc
  }

Sagar wrote:
> Hi,
> Here is the  solution which you requested. Your error was that you were
> simultaneously specifying the background color and the image so there was
> conflict in the selection for the background. So the solution for this is
> given below. Its working atleast on my system :
>
> <HTML>
>   <TITLE>Sagar's home page</TITLE>
>   <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
>     BODY {
>       background: url(c:\sasfaq\ashweek.jpg) #a5a7c9;
>       background-repeat: no-repeat;
>       background-position: 50px 50px;
>       color: black;
>     }
>   </STYLE>

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com