[thelist] Easily Webhosting

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Fri May 11 08:18:17 CDT 2001

On 10 May 2001 09:16:14 +0100, Tarrant Costelloe wrote:
> Just a word of warning to those maybe thinking of using Easily.co.uk as a
> webhost.
> At first I believed their services to be exceptional, this was following the
> quick domain registration of "JRRTolkien.TV" and good customer support.
> But it has now been two weeks and they still have not yet updated the DNS,
> and my virtual hosting account is no where to be seen. Not only this but
> their telephone service has been down for the past week and they have given
> me no real valid reply's to my e-mails.
> Can anyone recommend a good UK host which offers the majority of extensions?

If you can read French, I'd suggest you use the french hosting service
amen.fr

I've been with them for nearly one year now, and I've only had two or
three half-day service interruptions. Some disruptions in the MySQL
service, too, but never more than a few minutes.

They manage PHP/MySQL, I guess you can even ask for ASP, since they can
manage FrontPage extensions if you ask them.

I pay 750 French Francs a year (== 110 Euros == 110 dollars).

We've GOT to get used to Euros, haven't we? ;-)

s t e f