[thelist] deleted file after redesign

webmaster at menouno.com webmaster at menouno.com
Fri May 11 09:58:43 CDT 2001

On 11 May 2001, at 9:48, sales at iibiz.com wrote about
Re: [thelist] deleted file after redesign:

> Take any and all old pages and paste the contents
> of your index page into it and reload it with the old file name.

I generally use a different approach. After taking care of every link
still pointing at that page, I load an almost empty new page with the
same name, in which I offer a very brief explanation plus a few links
(homepage, sitemap, search page) to let the user find his/her way
around. I also add a metatag of NOINDEX, FOLLOW to encourage search
engines to drop sooner or later the going-to-be-deleted page.

HTH

ciao

Massimo