[thelist] Jeana

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat May 12 16:46:51 CDT 2001

> From: Schaz <schaz at ozemail.com.au>
>
> Jeana - PLEASE STOP SENDING HTML MAIL TO THE
> LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

um, there are two responses to this...

1. instead of posting this kind of stuff to thelist, contact the person off-list...
it's more polite (you aren't trotting that person out in front of everyone as
some sort of offender) and it's also nicer to other subscribers...

2. if it's the message i think you're talking about ([thelist] XML to HTML, 11
May 2001), it wasn't HTML-formatted... it *did* have loads of HTML within
the message, and all i can surmise is that your mail client chose to render
it instead of display it...

i can say this with some degree of confidence because...

a. the content header shows it was plaintext (Content-Type: text/plain;)...

b. thelist software doesn't allow HTML-formatted mail through to the list...

c. it doesn't render as anything but plain text in my mail client...

i'm posting this to thelist so that everyone knows that we have a process in
place to both filter HTML/RTF email, and to address any concerns people
have with wonky mail...

if your mail client allows it, make sure it always renders list mail as plain
text, instead of trying to format any HTML snippets it finds...