[thelist] passing a JS variable to another page? Can I?

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 14:05:50 CDT 2001

here is what I would like to do, and if anyone can give me
pointers or lead me to a proper tutorial type page, I would be
much obliged:

I imagine there has to be a way to pull a variable from the
link/address bar in javascript, right?  so that something like
"A href='webpage.html?santa'" would be the link, and
webpage.html could declare a variable that pulls in that item?

My reasoning is I'd like to create one page that I can call
using different variable to, for instance, show various images.

Is this possible?  I know JS enough to make useful functions and
to know what I'm reading, I just haven't been able to find
anything like this yet.

Thanks
Scott
http://spork.ofdoom.com