[thelist] Netscape 6.01 thing to watch out

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Mon May 14 14:54:21 CDT 2001

Ok, we (myself and some guys from Ektron) just discovered a wonderful little
"gotcha" in Netscape 6.01.

If you have a form that contains a file upload field, ANY form field _after_
that field won't get passed unless you actually upload a file.

<OT_Rant>
This is, without a doubt, the last straw for me and Netscape. I am sooo
happy they have lost all the marketshare they have.
</OT_Rant>

Anyway, I just thought yall may want to watch out for this. Has anyone else
seen this?

Example:
<FORM name="Main" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"
action="testeditora.cfm">

<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="foo"><P>

 <INPUT TYPE="file" NAME="ray"><P>

<TEXTAREA NAME="body">
</TEXTAREA>

<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="foo2"><P>

 <P>
<INPUT TYPE="Submit">
</FORM>

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482