[thelist] Removing tags in an input field: What else to remove?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon May 14 19:52:08 CDT 2001

Yeah, got that, and other redirect potentials too (<CFLOCATION>,
<script>).  Basically I went through several HTML guides to find all of
them, including the proprietary ones and the old ones.  Some that I've also
long forgotten about like <bgsound> (Remember that? :)

I think I'm set on normal HTML tags.  I'm just looking for any really
strange HTML (like Word, which I've got now), or how other languages markup
code (like <! ... > or <% ... %> or <? ... ?>) or really any other
vulnerabilities involving inputted text.

--Ben

At 11:10 AM 5/15/2001, you wrote:
>What about META tags?

Ben Dyer