[thelist] How to budget Flash animation

Eric Engelmann eric at geonetric.com
Mon May 14 20:19:42 CDT 2001

Off the top of my head:

1. What is the purpose of the Flash sequence?
2. Who is the intended audience?
3. Does it complement/augment an existing Flash site or standard site?
4. If this is a 'intro screen' type of thing, with little interactivity,
then how long should it be? Is it just to create a mood?
5. What kind of interactivity/functionality are you expecting?
6. What is your budget (ballpark) for the project?
7. What is your timeline (if you have one)
8. Describe an animation that's similar to what you have in mind - what do
you like/dislike about it?
9. Corporate color scheme/brand identification that need to be incorporated?
10. How important are non-Flash-enabled users?
11. Do you have a sketch or storyboard of how you'd like it to
function/look/feel?

That's just a couple of things that would need to be in there, but most
likely, you'll get dollar figures all over the map even if you have a sketch
of how the interactivity would/could work, and perhaps some preliminary
ideas for artwork/similar sites, etc.

Budget will be affected by the quality of the developer, their perception of
the tightness of the scope, their efficiency at developing such projects,
the quality and quantity of information and content you provide, and other
such things.

Good luck... :-)

- E