[thelist] RTF on a Mac?

Miraz Jordan miraz at firstbite.co.nz
Mon May 14 22:40:12 CDT 2001

At 20:35 +0100 14/05/2001, Sabrina Dent, Apperception wrote:
>Can people on Macs read PDF docs?

All Macs for quite a few years now come with Acrobat Reader
installed. Most people don't know it's there or what it's for. A few
will trash it. Most will never upgrade, so if you create PDFs
requiring v4 there will be a number of people who have only Reader
2.1.

Since the question was meant to be about rtf files I've just done an
experiment - opened an rtf file I received as an attachment via
AppleWorks 6. That worked fine.. Some earlier versions of AppleWorks
(previously called ClarisWorks) might have trouble.

Most Macs come with AppleWorks installed. People need to buy MS Word
/ Office separately.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Miraz