[thelist] Deleting from two tables at a time, using SQL/ASP/Access

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at lists.evolt.org
Tue May 15 10:01:14 CDT 2001

Hi y'all

I have a query that is giving me a headache.
It works in Access, but not in my ASP code used to access the mdb file.

anyways, this is the query:

delete * from vinstri, vefurvinstri
    where vinstri.id = 59
    AND vefurvinstri.vinstriID  = 59
    AND vefurvinstri.vefurID  = 1
<<<<<

and when I run it, I'm politely asked by the asp engine to "Specify the table
containing the records you want to delete"

I thought I was specifying the tables vinstri and vefurvinstri in the from
clause and Access agrees with me, it lists the exact line I want to delete.

so my question to you is how do I do this - the correct way.

thanks
elfur.is || elfur.com
*the icelandic one*