[thelist] Evolt Web Design Directory

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Tue May 15 13:39:45 CDT 2001

> Real quick usability thing.  I tried to add ColdFusion under server-side
> coding because it didn't appear to be there.  However, after I entered the
> information, it told me it was already in the database (I presume in the
> queue you describe), but this is not plainly obvious.  Maybe you should say
> it's in the queue, perhaps, or whatever.

Hmmm. Must be a bug of some kind. Cold Fusion wasn't there (I've just
added it and didn't have any problems).

The usability of the submission process and the search are two things that
I think still need significant work. Unfortunately this project suffered
from feature creep and I eventually realized that if I didn't put
something out it would probably never go live. I figured that at least the
directory can begin to grow while I iron out the last few problems. Of
course if you can't submit easily it's not likely to grow very much!

Regards,

Simon