[thelist] RE: DVD SPLASH SCREENS

Lee Stewart LeeStewart at bigfoot.com
Tue May 15 13:52:05 CDT 2001

> I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone know what software is
> used to author DVD splash screens - the menus before the movie
> and the extra clips, etc.  Is it as simple as using Director or are
> there a tone more tedious steps?

It's actually pretty simple, depending on the software you use.  If you're
on the Mac, then iDVD is the way to go - create 720x480 images and add "hot
spots" that link to the movies, other images, URL links (for DVD-ROM users),
etc.  The "V" in DVD stands for "versatile" and it really is.

If you're a Windows user (like me), then the authoring tools aren't as easy
to use.

You can find more information at http://www.recipe4dvd.com and the owner of
the site has a free seminar that teaches Mac DVD authoring.

Lee Stewart               StripedCow Technology Group, Inc.
http://www.stripedcow.com          advanced web development