[thelist] charting tools?

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Tue May 15 15:53:11 CDT 2001

>> i need to dynamically draw sophisticated charts
>> (stacked bars, logarithmic tools etc). could anyone
>> suggest any good component or 3rd party tool for the

There are various ways to produce SWFs or GIFs server-side. One of the new
ways is ColdFusion 5, which includes a mini-version of Macromedia Generator
specifically for graphing and charting received data.

> Is there a way of printing from Flash?  Is it
> just a screen capture, or is there a method inside Flash?

Excellent printing... vector resolution to the printer. You also have the
"WYSINWYG" options, where you can have a small Flash button print out a map
or order form, for instance. More info:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/download/  (click "print sdk")

jd