Members' Skills was ...... Re: [thelist] Evolt Web Design Directory

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Tue May 15 20:10:28 CDT 2001

Sounds like a resume builder!  What about:  "Are you willing to relocate at
your expense?  Are you willing to relocate at employers expense?  Will you
take a lower paying job if it includes benefits?  Will you commute more than
30 miles?"  etc etc etc.  It seems that if evolt is going to code a job
center, then we should consider a full blown resume application, complete
with job postings, automatic job matching to resumes, etc.

No offense to anyone, cause I love the idea, but basically, in this
environment feature creep is going to be full-blown and unmanageable.  We
got way to many smart people on thelist to continue this conversation.
Therefore, I suggest it gets moved to thesite where it belongs.  At least
there, the idea is that everybody participating is actually willing to
*code* the tool, and not just talk it into gold-plate high heaven until it's
so big nobody wants to tackle it.  :)

-joshua