[thelist] CSS and NN4.x series - solid border on input field

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at lists.evolt.org
Wed May 16 06:33:55 CDT 2001

Hi y'all

so I'm finally moving along, away from ASP but on to plain old HTML
there is this page
http://elfur.com/penninn/index.html

that looks just beautiful in ie (at both 5.x and 6beta) but barfs when entered
using NN4.x

the barfing part occurs at the bottom of the left column where the input field
is supposed to have style in IE - but just nothing in NN.
What NN decides to do is create the input field with not style - which is fine -
but then create the decoration (the bordered box) beneath it - which bothers me
big time.

now if I remove the use of border in the style all together, the bordered box
beneath the input field is gone.

Does not using the border on input fields have to be my solution?

thanks
*the puzzled one*
elfur.is || elfur.com