[thelist] CSS and NN4.x series - solid border on input field

Niklaus Haldimann runciter at rosa.com
Wed May 16 06:50:35 CDT 2001

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
> http://elfur.com/penninn/index.html
>
> that looks just beautiful in ie (at both 5.x and 6beta) but barfs when entered
> using NN4.x
>
> the barfing part occurs at the bottom of the left column where the input field
> is supposed to have style in IE - but just nothing in NN.
>
> Does not using the border on input fields have to be my solution?

I have never been able to make CSS borders work in NN4.x. Somebody
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's just not possible. There's a
workaround though: Make a separate class with just the border definition
and put it in a separate external style sheet, and include this style
sheet using @import. NN4.x will ignore the border class, since it
doesn't know @import. All other browser capable of CSS will display the
border as you intend.

Good luck,