[thelist] Evolt Web Design Directory

Alastair Murdoch alastair at mtbtuned.freeserve.co.uk
Wed May 16 08:56:25 CDT 2001

>>As a user, I hate the designer making this sort of decision for me -
>>if I want a new window open, I will click so a new one opens!

Equally as a user, I hate it when the designer forces me to have to right
click (although as a matter of course i do).  I am capable of viewing more
than one site at once, and it is logical to assume that a new site would
have a new window.

*disclaimer*
I'm not trying to start a war with this one, only highlight that there a
very good logic to both methods

*possible solution*
Do what some of the pages on evolt have, title tags saying "page opens in
new window".
Not foolproof by any means, but at least gives people warning that a new
window will open.

A l a s t a i r   M u r d o c h
c o n s u l t a n t  @  c u b e

    [t:]  01292 27 00 99