[thelist] CSS and NN4.x series - solid border on input field

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at lists.evolt.org
Wed May 16 10:00:26 CDT 2001

From: "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis at hotmail.com>

| >ok, but this still doesn't work, using N4.7 on W2k.
| >I've updated the link above, so you can see for yourself.
|
| ??? That's news to me. Just checked in NN4/IE5 Mac, it looks pretty much the
| same, except that the border of the text field is below the actual text
| field.

which was my point in the first place - I don't want the border of the text
field to appear below the actual text field - in fact, if it can't appear in the
correct place, I don't want it appearing at all.

anyways, I went with the solution Alastair pointed out

if (document.getElementById)
{
document.write('<style type="text/css"><!--')
document.write('.yourclassname { yourstyles}')
document.write('--></style>')
}

so I could have the borders where I wanted them, without the extra problem in
netscape.

thanks for your help, it's been informing as always.

*the informed one*
elfur.is || elfur.com