[thelist] Mac X PC

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed May 16 12:30:37 CDT 2001

The biggest difference I can think of is font sizes in using CSS.  12 point
seems to be a lot smaller on the Mac than on the PC.  And Arial isn't all
that wonderful on the Mac either.  And anything is smaller than nine point
is unreadable on a Mac.  That's usually the first thing people notice, but
there are other differences:

   - Colors are usually slightly brighter and more vibrant on the Mac.
   - Sizes of buttons and drop down menus are larger on the Mac and AFAIK
unchangeable through CSS like in Windows IE.
   - Some XHTML documents screw up in Mac IE 5 but not all.  I haven't
really tracked this problem down.
   - Avoid Java, it rarely works correctly on the Mac.

That's all I can think of right now.

--Ben

At 12:09 PM 5/16/2001, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Not being a Mac user I wonder what are the major points to keep in mind
>when designing a page to work cross-platform...
>Can anybody give me some pointers here?
>
>TIA,
>
>FayeC

Ben Dyer