[thelist] ASP error: Too few parameters.

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu May 17 13:43:06 CDT 2001

> I did a join on the sql statement because I didn't think
> access supported views, though admittedly I'm a db newbie
> so I wouldn't really know a view if it hit me in the head.

hi emma

access does not support views per se (not sure about access 2000, though,
which i think has a different engine than access 97/98)

access *does* let you query a query, which in effect is the same thing as a
view

but if you can do something without a view, do so

as far as updating a join, this is always a treacherous undertaking

conceptually dicey too -- would you ask your ATM to withdraw some money
from your chequing account while it was joined to your savings account?

i am sorry, i cannot help you with the ASP (concepts like "Batch update all
the records rs.update rs.close" give me the screaming heebiejeebies) but if
you have problems with the sql, just holler

rudy