[thelist] site check

Afonso Fernández Nogueira afonso at writeme.com
Fri May 18 10:10:37 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hardaker" <mike at angloinfo.com>

> Actually, this is weirder the more I think about it, as things *should*
> degrade to a default "serif", shouldn't they? Maybe IE5.5 doesn't have
one?

> Or maybe "serif" needs to be the last font in the list...

<tip type="CSS 'default' font-family specification" author="fonso">
A very good practice is to add a  "serif",  "sans-serif" or "monospace"
(whatever applies) as
the last item in your css font spec. You give the browser a default font
type to use if the visitor system doesn't have any of the specified fonts.

So instead of, say :
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;

use:
</tip>