[thelist] When does "bought code" become your own ?

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri May 18 10:16:02 CDT 2001

Off the top of my head, I think I remember something about a 30% code
difference is enough to differentiate two different programs.  Meaning, if
you change 30% of it, then you are not in violation of copyright
regulations.  There may be provisions stating that you must give credit to
the original author, but you don't have to worry about the copyright issues
at that point.

Again, please do NOT take this as gospel.  The information I have is quite
old and the laws may have changed since I got the numbers.

-joshua