[thelist] DIVs, tables and flushed content

webmaster at menouno.com webmaster at menouno.com
Fri May 18 12:48:23 CDT 2001

Hi Listers;

I could use some help with a mock-up for a travel agency I'm working
on.  Got two problems (at the top of the list...)

First, both HTML and CSS validate (and @import keeps a few dangerous
lines away from NS) but I can't manage to convince NS4.7 to render
this page decently.
http://www.menouno.com/test/table-top.html
Content get flushed to the right, out of sight. The page shows as
expected in Mozilla, Opera 5.11 and IE 5 (WIN)

Any idea about what the problem could be?

Second problem. I tried to reduce the use of tables to the minimum,
adding some DIVs instead,
http://www.menouno.com/test/div-top.html
The result is identical to the other page in both Mozilla and Opera,
but IE5 (not to mention NS 4.7, as expected) refuses to render the
red top DIV - where the logo is - the way I want it: red from side to
side. Any workaround?

thanks in advance,

ciao

Massimo