[thelist] [fwd] Perl, PHP, ASP???

Lawrence Carriere carrieremedia at home.com
Fri May 18 21:51:11 CDT 2001

This message was held by thelist software and
is being manually forwarded by a list admin.
Please remember to send emails in plain-text
format only, or they will not reach thelist
until it is later forwarded by a list admin.

I need to get a little direction from some professionals.  I've been
coding html for about 3 years now and have reached an impasse.  I need
to start leering some new stuff.  I've got limited time so I need to
make sure that I choose the best route.  What would be a good thing for
a person who eventually wants to become a web developer to learn?  As I
said, html is my expertise and it ends there.  I've noticed in my job
searching that PHP, MySQL, Perl and Javascript come up a lot in the
"Required Experience" area of job postings but which one would be a good
start for someone who really knows nothing of any of these?  I need
something that will be a good investment of my time and effort.
Something that will be really useful in the years to come.

Any advice that anyone can shoot my way will be greatly appreciated.

Lawrence