[fwd] RE: [thelist] cookies

Gebreselassie Johnny gebreselassie_johnny at bah.com
Fri May 18 22:06:47 CDT 2001

This message was held by thelist software and
is being manually forwarded by a list admin.
Please remember to send emails in plain-text
format only, or they will not reach thelist
until it is later forwarded by a list admin.

Ok, this is my last message to this list.  For all of the talk that goes
on
here, about windows opening in a new window or not, and for all the
development knowledge that is discussed.  With the exception of that ASP
question that girl posted earlier, and the cookie discussion which went on
too long most of this stuff is useless.  You people are too obsessed with
the web, you think it makes you, you!  The web doesn't make you, you make
the web.  Get over the windows, really who cares whether or not they open
new link.  And as for all this mac os 9 crap, I could care less about a
mac
and IE for the mac.  I support Windows IE and Netscape everybody else who
wants to run linux (Which I am a fan of but only for servers) and Mac OS
whatever is on their own thats their problem.  Opera is not a mainstream
browser you worry about whether or not the less than 1 percent of the
web's
population who uses it can view your webpages, personally I could care
less.
They can download ie it's free.  And you don't need to go to a website for
cookies.  Theirs not that much to them, you set them, they can either be
temporary or permanent, they can say anything you want thats it see the
script below, and I didn't have to read a whole website for that.  With
all
those websites you people go to you still couldn't tell me how to send an
email using javascript for netscape.  So basically the way I see it is
your
no brighter than the average developer you just talk more "web trash."  As
for me I'm going to go home to ride my mountain bike. Being on a listserv
with people like you is enough to drive a man INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the help (sarcastic),

Johnny Gebreselassie

p.s. to the admins

Nobody wants to wait two days to have their message posted on a listserv,
because they have a suspicious Header (Send Mail Error) Whats so suspicous
about that you ...(out of courtesy)!

Your mail to 'thelist' with the subject:

    send mail error

The reason it is being held:

    Suspicious header

notification of the moderator's decision.

<SCRIPT Language="JavaScript1.2" TYPE="text/javascript">

function CookieMagic() {
        var expDays = 365;
        var exp = new Date();
        exp.setTime(exp.getTime() +  (24 * 60 * 60 * 1000 * expDays));
        var CookUrl = window.location.href;
        var dummy = null;
        var page = "page";
        SetCookie(page, CookUrl, exp, dummy, dummy, dummy);
}

function SetCookie(name, value, expires, path, domain, secure) {
document.cookie = name + "=" + escape (value) +
        ((expires == null) ? "" : ("; expires=" + expires.toGMTString()))
+
        ((path == null) ? "" : ("; path=" + path)) +
        ((domain == null) ? "" : ("; domain=" + domain)) +
        ((secure == true) ? "; secure" : "");
}

</script>