[thelist] Downloading .jpg & .pdf files

Jakob Dölling alligotar at gmx.net
Sat May 19 17:35:23 CDT 2001

Janice:

If am right, is this negation of those ******* endless
copyright-w***-wars?
=-
Well, if you encourage your visitors to download items from your site
there is a very simple way to download without technical overkill as you
wrote: The "Save As..."-method via a rihght mouse click (in most
browsers).

> Question #2 - Is there any way to 'override' the default download directory
> set in the browser so files downloaded from this site will go into their own
> folder?
Nope. You can't know if the visitor has a right to create folders and
secondly, you don't know how his or her partitions and their naming
schemes.

For me sounds your project like a intrusion in my privacy, or do you
like someone who you do not know violating your system?

Jakob Dölling