[thelist] I should be flogged!

Robin Hastings robin at rhastings.net
Mon May 21 09:09:40 CDT 2001

>I don't have Outlook 2000 installed, so I can't give you exact directions.
>Somewhere in the options there is a way to turn off the exchange services
>and "convert" Outlook to a pop-3 only service.  In the process of doing
>that, it reloads a bunch of stuff from disk, then when you come back, you've
>got the benefits of 2000, but a bunch of the menu items from Express are
>available... namely, Services is Replaced with Accounts.  But, maybe, just
>maybe, options includes some of the Outlook Express only options.  I wish I
>could research this for you, but I only have access to Win 97 :(

>-joshua

I just took a look at Outlook 2000 configured with the Accounts setup rather than the
Services and I don't see any way to automatically set all email to Plain Text. There is a
setting for email you *create*, but the reply to section doesn't have this setting!

Robin Hastings
Public Computer Center Coordinator
hastingsr at mrrl.org
(573) 634-6064 x242