[thelist] Quicktimemovie into flash 5.0

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon May 21 11:19:17 CDT 2001

It's impossible in every direction!

You can't embed a Quicktime movie in a SWF.

You can add a Flash track to a Quicktime movie, but only Flash 4
actions will work in Quicktime 5.

The only way you can accomplish what you want would be to export your
Quicktime movie as a bitmap sequence with a frame rate equal to your
Flash movie, and then import that sequence into Flash which might
work for a very short QT movie or be OK for a CD ROM. When I did that
for a project, I found all the info I needed on the Macromedia site.

--

- Erik Mattheis

"For best results, pronounce muh THEIGH ess."

(612) 827 3963