State or Confusion (was:RE: [thelist] Pop-up when user leaves sit e.)

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Mon May 21 14:07:39 CDT 2001

Thanks, err, Mr. Koch. (How shall I address you, sir?)

I might think, then, that the security mechanism is what is prohibitive
about reading it out. It must, although I can't find this on
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsguide4/index.htm?c
ontent=sec.htm, return a security exception or an undefined variable which
would generate a runtime error, does this sound right?

So, generally speaking, it would seem that site-experience management is not
very well developed in the web model. As deke points out in his latest post,
the web is stateless. What I wonder is the usefulness of capturing the
transition from one site to another. Perhaps in terms of security, privacy,
credibility, etc., it may be useful to know of transitions from and to other
sites. But, wait, maybe this is where third-party certification steps in...

appreciative,
-rory

BTW, is this level of <euphemism>abstract thinking</euphemism> allowed in
this list?