[thelist] Auto-responders?

sales at iibiz.com sales at iibiz.com
Tue May 22 10:48:18 CDT 2001

> Obviously there are lots of platform variables, so I won't be too
> specific, but -- if  the form's submitted to a CGI program, it's
> simple to add a few lines to send an email to the address supplied.
> (Though if you make it an independent function, you can reuse it
> for other CGIs.)
>
> If the form's being emailed, you need to have a program as the
> "recipient"; that program parses the mail headers for the sender's
> address, and responds.

Here's the code from the top of the form:

<FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="http://cgi.nac.net/cgi-bin/domail.pl">
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="recipient" VALUE="them at theircompany.com">
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="redirect"
VALUE="http://www.theircompany.com/thanks.htm">
 <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="sort"
VALUE="order:FirstName,LastName,email,company,theirTitle,address,city,state,
zip,phone,fax,how_did_hear,send_info_about,contactme">
 <INPUT type=hidden name="subject" value="Form Input">

So, Hassan - help me!?!?  What would I need to do?

Thanks,

Sandy