[thelist] CF Studio - Macros/AutoDate/Default Template Question

Mike Roberto mjr at linkzero.com
Tue May 22 15:28:52 CDT 2001

I'm(*cough*) finally putting together a standard header for my default
document in CF Studio to keep track of author name, creation date,
variables required, updates, etc.

I'm trying to find a way to autoinsert an autodate when a new file is
created. Is there a way to do this in CF Studio?

I saw a message posted in Allaire's CF Studio Forum, but noone had replied
to it with an answer.

If anyone has attempted something similar i'd appreciate any input or
suggestions.

Thanks
Mike

<TIP type="Cold Fusion Studio">
When using CF Studio you can use ctrl-J to bring up a small
menu which offers a selection of code templates to insert.

Examples include HTML 2.0, 3.2, and 4.0 DOCTYPE tags, Stylesheet
links, meta tags, and a basic javascript block.  You can add your
own templates to the collection, which can really speed up coding
if you have regularly used blocks of code at your disposal.  You
can find this under the Settings > Editor > Code Templates Menu.

Although this is similar to snippets, i like it a bit better because
using snippets you often run out of Keys to map each snippet to.
With these templates you have a little popup window to select
from and it frees up some key combinations for other functions.
</TIP>

Michael Roberto
< LinkZero >
<f> 203.248.4478