[thelist] Attack of the BLOB

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Tue May 22 16:49:47 CDT 2001

Hi Scott,

Didn't see a 'quick answer' in my CF boof ... found a number of interesting
links running "read BLOB" through google...

http://www.mvps.org/vb/hardcore/html/readingwritingblobs.htm

http://www.bitmechanic.com/mail-archives/dbi-users/Oct1998/0029.html

http://faqchest.dynhost.com/prgm/dbi-l/dbi-98/dbi-9803/dbi-980301/dbi9803100
0_01659.html

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q210/4/86.asp

HTH,

RonL.

-----Original Message-----
From: scott.brady at homeqonline.com [mailto:scott.brady at homeqonline.com]

One of the problems I'm running up against is that the system that populates
the
data (Action Request System) stores text fields as BLOBs (Binary Large
OBjects)
and when I pull the info from the database, it displays as hexadecimal.

So far, no one I've found can tell me if there's a way to convert that to
the
original text.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to turn a BLOB into
readable
text?