[thelist] [fwd] Re:The Mail Editor in the ASP PAGES

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 22:48:54 CDT 2001

Not certain if this is ActiveX, but the CDONTS object should work for
you...
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/022700-1.2.shtml

If that's not an option, this article discusses a few more options:
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=14

On another note, but the same topic, does anyone have experience
using CDONTS?  I finally successfully used it today, after much of
the 'banging my head against the proverbial wall' action.  My problem
was that the FROM field of the object HAD to contain an e-mail
address in order for it to process from the NT server to my e-mail
account.  This was on an intranet and the e-mail had just a text
field in the FROM field and kept not going to my e-mail account,
until I put an e-mail address in the field.  Is this a CDONTS
requirement, or something that the web server requires?
TIA-

--- Jai Singh Tanwar <jaytanwar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does any one know about some good Com component
> which can Add the MailEditor/MailEditing Facilites to the
> Asp pages.Preferably it Should not bethe activeX .

=====
Janet Nabring-Stager
http://www10.ewebcity.com/jnabring