[thelist] apache config on windows - virtual doms

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed May 23 09:28:57 CDT 2001

Hey Peter -

Sounds like you don't have directory indexes turned on for those virtual
users. No prob though :)

Lets say you have all your users in d:/apache/users/user1/html_root
d:/apache/users/user2/html_root and so on. You'll need to enable the
Indexes option for all those directories. Luckily, apache gives you a
nice way to do this:

<Directory d:/apache/users/*/html_root>
    AllowOverride All
    Options Indexes
</Directory>
(I have no idea if the win32 apache needs the drive letter up there,
sorry)

in your httpd.conf file will allow for Indexes for
d:/apache/users/*/html_root .. this could also be done on a directory by
directory basis too with the use of an .htaccess file in each of those
directories, with something similar to that above as the contents of the
.htaccess.

Hope that helps out, shout if you have any more questions :)

.djc.