[thelist] XHTML tip

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Wed May 23 10:33:58 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Just did some stat checking this morning and found a pile of 404s. Ran it
through the link checker at the W3C (http://validator.w3.org/checklink) and
my XHTML DTD at the top of the page was not right.

I was using the DTD from the W3C and I just looked again, they leave the
url off which was bouncing a 404 to the web site so, in case someone else
doesn't know, here's a bit of a tip I guess for XHTML trans and PHP:

<tip type="validating XHTML" author "tamara">

Use this for validating XHTML and hopefully avoid 404 errors:

<!DOCTYPE html
	PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
   	"DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"

</tip>

Hope this helps someone anyway. And I'm switching /all/ headers to php
includes beginning NOW!
8-)
tamara