[thelist] Photos

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Wed May 23 16:12:55 CDT 2001

> > How about the simplest? You have N photos, load them all into a
> > directory and then Photo1 has links to photo2 <next> and
> > photoN<previous>, 2 has 3<next> and 1<previous etc until you get to
> > photoN which has photo1<next> and photoN-1<previous>

Thanks for all the info people, this does sound like a good idea, one which
did occur to me in the bath (as most good ideas do) after I had posted my
question. I had invisaged having a page with background and nav bar and
working out the code so that just the picture changes without re-loading the
whole page.

> just have your logic in your loop to start over at 1 once you get to
> the end (for incrementing/decrementing)...

The reason I was considering a database was because I could have fields for
the dimensions, alt tags, brief description etc. I know it does seem like a
long way round but I haven't done any database work for ages and so I
thought it would be good experience, but I also wanted to know if I was
making things unnecessarily hard for myself and, therefore, what
alternatives are available.

> what server-side languages you got available?

ASP and JavaScript.

Thanks again everyone.

Kev
kjs at ratking.co.uk