[thelist] RE: [thelist]Front-end for MS-SQL?

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Thu May 24 09:52:35 CDT 2001

Ron White wrote:

> Ok, in that case make a web-based front-end using .asp pages and forms.

This is great for cross-platformness, but a word of warning - watch your
licences. IIRR you need a license for each user who will be connecting,
and if you intend to stick this on a public website (open to an
unlimited number of people) you need a special license.

Katherine

PS - This is why we use Oracle for our in house stuff, (with a VB front
end - we have one dedicated VB programmer) and MySQL for our websites.