[thelist] I need some MySql config help

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu May 24 11:29:00 CDT 2001

>  I finally got MySql installed on my pc...thanks! But I
>  don't know what I'm supposed to use as my user
>  name/password on my local box. I'm wanting to try to
>  test things out locally as I learn, as some of you
>  suggested. I'm a total PHP/MySql newbie and I've got
>  myPHPAdmin finally on here too(many thanks for that
>  suggestion as well)

You can simply use 'root' as your user name, and leave the pass
blank. As a matter of fact, you can use any user name or password, if
you add them to your query definition.

--

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com